The research project “Social Interactions, Stratification and Inequality” (ANR-12-INEG-0002) benefits from the funding of the ANR program “Métamorphoses des societés : Inégalités-inégalité” for the period 2013-2015.
Rachel Kranton (Duke University) and Kristian Behrens (UQAM)
Over the last decade, social interactions models have contributed to a better understanding of the mechanics of urban segregation and persistent inequality.
This Summer School is devoted to studying recent advances in models of social interactions and city formation..
Two leading researchers have been invited :
- Rachel Kranton will deliver six hours of lectures on her work on identity and social networks.
- Kristian Behrens will give six hours of lectures on his research on urbanisation, firm selection, and sorting.
On the final day, participants will have the opportunity to present their papers to the audience. We will select no more than eight such papers.
How to Apply ?
Applications are encouraged from any interested researcher, but priority will be given to doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers or the equivalent.
To attend the event without presenting a paper,
fill in the response form and send it to email@example.com
To attend the event and present a paper,
fill in the response form and send it with the paper in pdf format and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper submission : 15th of March 2015
The selection of the speakers will be announced by the 30th of March 2015.
The program will be available on the 10th of April 2015.
Registration without paper submission : 15th of April 2015
Center for Research in Economics and Management -
CREM (UMR CNRS 6211),
Faculty of Economics,
University of Rennes 1 -
7, Place Hoche,
No Registration fees
No registration fees are demanded. The Summer School is sponsored by the ANR.
It is part of the ANR project “Social Interactions, Stratification and Inequality” (ANR 12-INEG-0002).
Participants can select and book their accomodation on the website of the Rennes Tourism Office.
Participants are asked to finance their travel and accommodation expenses by their own University.
Lunches will be offered by CREM.
- Bardey, David, Universidad de los Andes.
- Dickinson, David, Appalachian State University.
- Gravel, Nicolas, Aix-Marseille Université.
- Jaramillo, Fernando, Universidad del Rosario.
- Larribeau Sophie, CREM, Université de Rennes 1.
- Masclet David, CNRS-CREM.
- Moizeau Fabien, CREM, Université de Rennes 1.
- Poitevin Michel, Université de Montréal.
- Tarroux Benoît, CREM, Université de Rennes 1.
- Vergnaud, Jean-Christophe, CNRS-Université Paris 1, Centre d’Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Zenou, Yves, Stockholm University.